Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom and Tina's

Mom and Tina's is a lovely cafe specializing in home-baked goodies.Their first outlet is at Pasig City, right across the SM Hypermart.

It has been featured a lot in t.v. shows, magazines, and blogs. And I was really excited to see that they have now set up shop here in Makati. They have a lovely corner cafe at Perea Street corner de La Rosa St. in Makati. The place is always full. the reason? Perfect location, lovely ambiance... and super yummy food. I have yet to try their main dishes... but their cupcakes are DIVINE.

I first tried their cupcakes when my sweet husband, brought home a couple of muffins in flavors- Pecan Chocolate, and Cranberry Orange . I liked the former better.

One Sunday, we decided to give the place a try. Mark ordered the Brazo de Mercedes and I tried out the Carrot cupcake (P35).

All I can say is- "I finally found the cupcakes I've been dreaming of!" Hehe. Their cupcakes are devoid of all the frou-frou that all the fad cupcakes have now. Their flavors are really more classic. But they have a lovely color, perfect taste and moistness that left me dreaming while eating them. The generous frosting is the classic meringue frosting of old, that I've been hankering for the longest time. I am not a buttercream frosting fan, so that also explains my partiality to their frosting.

As for the Brazo de Mercedes, it was so good- I likened it to my favorite Goldilocks Brazo de Mercedes. There was no eggy taste or smell, just good ol' custard that's been sweetened to perfection.



Brazo de Mercedes

Light and fluffy


To the last bit...


Carrot Cupcake

It's pretty

Very dense

Walnut-ty

Moist

And I ate it all!:)


The service was good, the servers are friendly and polite... I wish they stay this way always!

3 comments:

Gita Asuncion said...

ive heard and read so much na din about mom and tina's and i so wanna visit it too... buti ka pa, youve tried it na...

Shalum said...

hi gita! it's near my husband's office kasi, and our favorite massage spa... hehe. try it na!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

they have a makati branch already, sana matry ko na! :D i wanna try the carrot cupcakes.. i like it moist and nutty kasi, just like how you described it :D