Sunday, May 13, 2012


Happy Mother's Day!


In honor of my own Mommy, I am going to post something I recently whipped in my kitchen, which reminded me of her so much.


I just whisked together all the vegetables in the fridge and surprisingly came up with  a pretty array of vegetables which I will call  ----


Summer Vegetable Stir Fry


You see, next to rice, my Mom likes to stir fry leftovers in our ref. She believes in using whatever is available or on hand:) This creation is meat free- the mushrooms add the protein component.


I just sauteed some garlic, then added the shiitake mushrooms. I allowed the mushrooms to steam for a few minutes. After which I threw in some celery and then  some broccoli florets and asparagus tips. I allow the veggies to know each other a little, and then I threw in some sliced carrots. I added some salt and pepper to taste. You can also add in some sesame oil if you like some nutty Asian flavor.


I threw in some boiled pasta spirals after, but this is also delicious with rice. :)




I wish I ate healthy all the time. But I'm only human. But whenever I do find some beautiful produce, I am inspired to make some healthy creations for my M and I. I am so lucky he likes veggies too. This is so easy and, the results are so pretty to look at!


I hope I can make some when my family visits soon. In the meantime, I'm off for some greats finds tomorrow at the grocery. Wish me luck!


Happy Mother's Day!



No comments: